Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently inaugurated India’s first Robotics Gallery in the Science City Premises of Ahmedabad in Gujarat with more than 2,500 participants at the first of its kind virtual event. The establishment of the Robotics Gallery will prove to be one of the greatest steps taken for the development of India in the Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Automation Domain. It was done by the Gujarat Council of the Science City (GCSC) under the Department of Science and Technology(DST) of the Gujarat Government as part of Gujarat’s Former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel’s Dream Project. The Robotics Gallery will be focusing on informal community-based learning with the merger of entertainment and education in Robotics & Science. School & College students will be the usual visitors. This will have a huge impact on the way students perceive Robotics.
WHAT IS A ROBOTICS GALLERY ACTUALLY?
A Robotics Gallery is the grand show and celebration of the future and upcoming technologies in the field of Robotics to be presented to the common people in a way that incites interest in them about the novel field along with curiosity to understand the importance of Robotics in their lives. These Robotics galleries can have a huge impact in terms of encouraging people to pursue careers in Robotics and contribute to the field to make the country forge ahead.
LET’S GO INSIDE INDIA’S FIRST ROBOTICS GALLERY
India’s first robotics gallery is a three-storey unit. There is a self-driving car track of first of its kind on the circumference of the whole unit. It has a cafeteria on the ground floor where food is served by robot waiters and the yummy food is prepared by robot chefs. There are interactive exhibits on the same floor via which one can get his or her pictures clicked to be converted into sketches or 3D print photographs. These are paid services there. Transformers fans are going to love it because the ground floor courtyard has Transformers Robots. Along with these pop-culture robots, Wall-E and Humanoid Robot Asimo too are there for adding coolness. The Interesting features of India’s First Robotics Gallery are as follows:
- The Robotics Gallery Complex will take the visitors through the evolutionary journey of Robots from the mechanical clockwork prayer monk of the 16th century to the futuristic humanoid and space robots loaded with Artificial Intelligence programs.
- India’s First Robotics Gallery will make Indians realize the potential of robots to change their lives in every aspect be it surgeries or disaster rescue operations.
- Visitors of the Robotics Gallery can become a part of MAN V/S ROBOT games of soccer, badminton where they can compete against a robot opponent.
- The Robotics Gallery will exhibit Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and satellites from Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
- There will be exhibitions of Engineering Institute made robots that won at Robo-Fests or Robo-Competitions such as WORLD ROBOTICS CHAMPIONSHIP along with a practical Robotics Workshop that will happen to engage youth into Robotics.
- “Robo-Natya Mandap” will be there where visitors can enjoy performances from a troupe of Robot Entertainers: A group of 5 Dancers, 1 Drummer, 1 Pianist and 1 Trumpetist.
- Virtual and Augmented Reality Space will be given a separate gallery for visitors to experience thrill rides, ringGALLERY fighting, racing cars and others using VR glasses.
- In total, 79 different types of Robots will be there to show the power of Robotics to the world.
ARE YOU EXCITED ABOUT THE ROBOTICS GALLERY AND THINKING ABOUT WHAT’S NEXT?
First, you need to visit the great pioneer in exhibitory robotics and explore what is there to estimate what will be the future. What will be the next big and revolutionary thing in India after this launch of the First Robotics Gallery of India? Give your answers in the comments down below. Start guessing.