Water Rocket Challenge
Design and build a water rocket within the specified dimensions robust enough to withstand the pressure and when launched from the launch pad achieves the maximum altitude above ground level. The team with maximum air time will be nominated as the winner.
- 200 Teams to participate in Water Rocket Challenge.
- All participants will get a certification of Participation from “All India Council For Robotics & Automation (AICRA)” and the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Govt of India.
- INR 100,000 to be awarded to winning teams.
- Eligibility Criteria: Entry is open for all age groups below 24.
The tournament was by a single team in one go, with each team consisting of 1 Water Rocket.
- An individual may participate or construct a team of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10 members. Any institution (School/College/University/Vocational Institution) or group of students (within defined age), may form a team.
- Register team for the specified competition online on the official technoxian website only.
- Build a water rocket as defined specifications in Rulebook. The rocket must not be made from any ready-made kit, if found so, the team will be disqualified.
- Prepare a video of 1 minute to 5minute (maximum 100MB), showcasing team readiness, creativity, preparing for challenges, or anything to show passion to participate in technoxian. Share the video either on email at firstname.lastname@example.org (as google drive or V transfer) or WhatsApp at +91 9289095404 mentioning Your Team Registration ID. All videos will be uploaded on TechnoXIan YouTube channel. The top 5 Maximum views will have special recognition at the tournament.
Construction of Rocket:
- Any building material can be used, as long as the rocket fits the given specification and if the design and construction are primarily the original work of the team.
- The rocket will be launched at an angle of 90 degrees (approx.) containing 355 ml of water (approx.) at 70 psi of air pressure. The Air time of the rocket will be measured using a stopwatch. The launch angle will be kept the same for all rockets launched at the competition.
- The pressure vessel must be:
- Plastic/ Poly/ Carbon Fibre
- Maximum capacity 2-liter size bottle
- The rocket must only have water propulsion no other propellant can be used.
- Metal, glass, hard plastic, rocks, Styrofoam, or spikes cannot be used to construct the rocket. The use of these materials will automatically disqualify the team from the competition.
- The team with maximum Air time will be nominated as the winner of the competition.
- Rocket must be clear of any sort of coverings till 7.6 cm approx. from the throat of the rocket.
- The maximum allowed total height of the rocket is 76.0 cm.
- The width/diameter including the fins of the rocket must not exceed 30 cm.
- The mouth of the pressurized bottle must fit over a half-inch schedule 40 PVC pipe.
- The use of parachutes is NOT allowed.
- The Field area of the water rocket tournament would be 100 meters X 100 meters (approx). A fixed spot for the launching pad will be marked on the competition field. The penalty area is marked by white lines. Rocket is considered to have made a penalty if it falls outside the defined area.
3D Model Arene: Move Cursor to View 360 degree
Referee will start the stop watch at the launch of rocket and stops it when the rocket touches the ground. Time taken between the launch and landing will be the official hang time of the rocket.
Pre-Gameplay:At the competition start, each entry must pass a visual inspection before the competition commence. Entries that fail inspection will be given ONE opportunity to make modifications to pass inspection prior to the beginning of the water rocket launching competition.Teams are supposed to be at their inspection table 5 minutes before their game starts. To be at the inspection table does not count in favor of this time limit. If a team does not report within 5 minutes of the game start, will be disqualified.
- Maximum time allotted (Game time) for a team to setup and launch the rocket is 10mins.Failing to which will result in the disqualification of the team.
- Only the team leader will be allowed to handle the rocket launcher during the gameplay.
- Each team will get three chance to launch the rocket and achieve the maximum Air time.
- Referees will record the Air time of the rocket for each attempt, maximum Air time will be chosen from all the attempt and will be declared as the official Air time of the rocket.
- The game clock will run for the duration of 10 minutes without stopping.
- Rocket with the maximum Air time will be nominated as the winner.
Note: Decision of the referee will be final and abiding, any misconduct observed by the referee may lead to disqualification of the team
Venue: Indira Gandhi Stadium Complex, New Delhi (India).
- For Indian residents: INR 2950/- (Inclusive GST) per challenge.
- For Non-India residents: USD 50 per team.
Prize Bifurcation: INR 60,000 (1st Prize) | INR 25,000 (2nd Prize) | INR 15,000 (3rd Prize)
Registration mode: Online.
Accommodation: Hospitality Partners would provide accommodation at a very affordable cost.
For Any Query:
Feel Free To Call : (+91) 7835053333