Rc Craft Challenge
Build your RC Plane which is aerodynamically sound and within the specified dimensions to achieve a successful flight. The RC plane should be able to take off, land, and can-do maneuver. The competition has 3 Rounds i.e. two elimination rounds and the final round. The performance of the RC Plane in all the Rounds/Arenas will be evaluated individually. The team Scoring the maximum points in the final round will be nominated as the winner of the competition.
- 300 Teams to participate in Rc Craft Challenge.
- All participants will get a certification of Participation from “All India Council For Robotics & Automation (AICRA)” and the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Govt of India.
- INR 100,000 to be awarded to winning teams.
- Eligibility Criteria: Entry is open for all age groups below 24.
A match is played by a single team in one go, with each team consisting of 1 RC Plane.
- An individual may participate or construct a team of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10 members. Any institution (School/College/University/Vocational Institution) or group of students (within defined age), may form a team.
- Register team for the specified competition online on the official technoxian website only.
- Construct an RC Plane of wingspan 150cm* and a maximum weight up to 4Kg (including battery and other onboard components). the RC Plane fits the mentioned specifications as long as the design and construction are primarily the original work of the team. A ready-made RC plane is not acceptable, if found so, the team will be disqualified.
- Prepare a video of 1 minute to 5 minutes (maximum 100 MB), showcasing team readiness, creativity, preparing for challenges, or anything to show passion for participating in TechnoXian. Share the video via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (as google drive or We transfer) or WhatsApp at +91 9289095404 mentioning Your Team Registration ID. All videos will be uploaded on TechnoXian YouTube channel. The top 5 Maximum views will have special recognition at the tournament.
Construction: The design and construction of the RC plane should be primarily the original work of the team and must justify the dimensions parameters for the competition:
- The RC Plane dimensions should not exceed the Wingspan of 150 cm. Exceeding the specific design requirement will be disqualified.
- RC Plane weight should be up to 4Kgs (including battery and other onboard components).
- There is no restriction on the use of any material for RC Plane bodies or wings. Exploration of other materials and building methods is greatly encouraged. In addition, the use of lead in any portion of the aircraft (payload included) is strictly prohibited.
- The RC Plane is restricted to electric motor propulsion only. There are no restrictions (make or model) on the electric motor. Only a single motor configuration is allowed (no multiple motors).
- Gearboxes, Belt Drive Systems, and Propeller Shaft Extensions are allowed as long as a one-to-one propeller to motor RPM is maintained.
- RC Plane must be powered by a commercially available Lithium- Polymer battery pack (4 cell-14.8 Volt to 6 cell-22.2 volt Lithium Polymer battery pack). Homemade batteries are NOT allowed.
- If a separate battery is used for the radio system, the battery pack must have enough capacity to safely drive all the servos in the RC Plane, taking into consideration the number of servos and potential current draw from those servos. A battery pack with a minimum capacity of 1000 mAh must be used for the radio system. Battery voltage regulators or Battery Eliminator Circuit (BEC) are allowed.
The field area would be approx 2500 M2
- There are marked/specified regions/spots to take off and land the RC Plane.
- Hurdles will be placed at a different locations in the arena.
- Fields will have arrows marked to depict the maneuvering path. The Competition is divided into 3 rounds of evaluation.
- Each Round will have its own set of checkpoints and hurdles. Specific checkpoints will be defined on the arena for changing the batteries, adjusting gains, calibration of sensors, etc.
Time will be given to the teams for charging their batteries at the completion of every stage. The requirement of time of charging the batteries during the conduct of competition will not be entertained
- The RC Plane will be evaluated on various parameters such as design, construction, and innovation.
- Every aspect of the RC Plane will be observed for scoring which includes the connection of various parts, fixing of components, materials used, aeromodelling, etc.
Game Clock: The game clock starts as soon as the referee commands the beginning of the round and stops as soon as the maximum access time (5 Minutes) of that round elapses.
Run Time: Run time starts as soon as the game clock starts/RC Plane takes/off and stops when the RC Plane lands successfully.
Flight time: The flight time will be the official time taken by each RC Plane.
” Flight time= (Total Access time for the round)-(Run time)
Round 1 (Elimination Round)
Design and Technical Presentation:
- In this round, the team will be given a maximum of two attempts to complete the challenge. The best score out of the two attempts will be considered the official score for the round.
- The maximum time allotted to each team to complete the round is 5 minutes.
- The challenge is to take off from a specific location and land within the boundary of a predetermined circular landing spot in the minimum time possible and before the access time elapses
Round 2 (Launching and Landing of Plane)
RC Plane Launch
The RC Plan shall be hand tossed (launched) by throwing the aircraft using one (1) hand grasping the fuselage or it can use a launch pad of a maximum stretch of 5 meters.
- There is no limit on the number of steps taken during the launching action, but the person/RC plane must remain inside the launch zone before and after releasing the RC Plane.
- Only one member of the team can enter the pre-marked launch zone and the pilot must be outside the pre-marked launch zone during the tossing action. In the case of individual participation, the pilot should be within a pre-marked zone.
- Actions not permitted and invalidate the flight attempt, are using more than one hand to toss the RC Plane, Tossing the Plane from any other part of the RC Plane other than the fuselage, or running with the aircraft during launch.
- Each team will have 120 seconds to complete preflight checks, energize the propulsion system, and check the controls and hand-launch the RC Plane. If the team exceeds 120 seconds penalty points will be incurred in the flight round score.
- Only one takeoff launch attempt is permitted per round.
- Once takeoff occurs, RC Plane is required to remain airborne and fly past the designated turn point before turning approximately 180 degrees in the heading.
- Flying past a second designated turn point, turning 180 degrees in heading,
- Land the RC Plane in the designated landing zone.
Round 2 (Showcase Round)
3 to 4 teams to perform a dance in the air. An area of around 1000 SqM will be allocated to fly RC Planes.
- The referee gives a green signal. Within 10 sec. RC Plane should be airborne.
- Most critical and maximum number of acts within 5min of fly will score maximum points.
Round 3 (Final Round)
- A maximum of two attempts will be provided to complete the challenge. The circuit needs to be completed without avoiding any of the hurdles. The best score out of the two attempts will be considered the official score for the round.
- The maximum time allotted to complete the round is 5 min.
- This stage is to evaluate the perfection in the stability of the RC Plane and the controlling ability of the pilot.
- During this stage, the Plane has to travel through the gaps in the various hurdles, perform maneuvers and complete the circuit in the minimum time possible.
- Points will be awarded for each hurdle and will be scored based on the perfection in control of flight and the time taken to complete the circuit.
- The team completing the round in the minimum time to complete the round and scoring the maximum points will be nominated as the winner of the competition.
- If the RC Plane crashes negative points will award and the run time of the flight will reset but the game clock continues to run.
Venue: Indira Gandhi Stadium Complex, New Delhi (India).
- For Indian residents: INR 2950/- (Inclusive GST) per challenge.
- For Non-India residents: USD 50 per team.
Prize Bifurcation: INR 60,000 (1st Prize) | INR 25,000 (2nd Prize) | INR 15,000 (3rd Prize)
Registration mode: Online.
Accommodation: Hospitality Partners would provide accommodation at a very affordable cost.